What is the difference between Airtable and Google Sheets?
Tools like Google Sheets and Excel function as traditional spreadsheets. However, Airtable also offers an expansive database and can be considered a hybrid.
Why is Airtable better than Excel?
Airtable comes with many various functionalities that users can’t utilize on Excel or other traditional spreadsheets. Airtable is essentially a mix between spreadsheets and a database, so if you’re not looking to do complex calculations or robust reporting, Airtable is the obvious choice.
Does Airtable work on mobile?
Yes, you can view Airtable on Mobile, on both Android and IOS, but the functions are highly limited. On mobile, you can:
- View calendars
- View forms, rollup, count, and lookup fields
- View summary bar
- Scan barcodes
- View coloring records
- View the Recently Opened bases section
What are the pros and cons of Airtable?
Some pros of Airtable include
1. Highly customizable and includes many field types
2. Flexible pricing suitable for different users
3. Allows for easy sharing of files and Airtable data
4. Adaptable to any kind of business
On the other hand, some cons of Airtable include:
1. Lack of organized commenting
2. Permissioning is not as customizable
3. Lack of input validation
4. Can’t connect data across bases