What are knowledge bases used for?
A knowledge base is an online library of information on a given topic or area (a product, an area of interest, a company department). The data in the knowledge base can be generated from various sources, but it is typically added and maintained by contributors who are experts in the area (e.g. HR department employees can add company-related learning and policy resources).
What are the knowledge base types?
If we’re speaking about a company knowledge base, there are two main types:
- Internal (is intended for company employees and can include information about benefits, company strategy, employee development resources, and so on).
- External (stores information that can help company clients and customers solve their problems and can include FAQs, guides, tutorials, etc.).
Do I need a Softr account to use the template?
As soon as you click the Use the template button, you'll be immediately taken to Softr studio and can start working on the template. If you don't have a Softr account, you'll be prompted to register first (a Free account will work just fine).
Can I use the Knowledge Base template with a free Softr account?
All the Softr templates are completely free of charge and can be used with any of the Softr subscription plans. However, Free and Starter plans have a limitation on the number of application users, so you might need to consider a higher subscription plan if you need to have full Memberships access.
What are the benefits of using Softr together with Google Sheets?
Our users decide to use Softr on top of Google Spreadsheets for several reasons. The most common are:
- You will have a responsible and professional-looking user interface to share with clients, colleagues, and users on your domain (included for free!)
- You will be able to manage different people's permissions at a granular level. Say goodbye to just "viewers" and "editors". You can decide which group of users can see and/or edit specific content.
- You can merge several data sources all in one application. Do you want to connect three spreadsheets to the same app? Do you want to get data from other sources too? Not a problem with a Softr application!