What is a student enrollment management system?
A student enrollment management system lets educational institutions centralize their entire student admissions process. School administrations use it to simplify admissions, consolidate student data, track students throughout the enrollment process, and process applications.
Enrollment management systems are used mainly by higher education institutes such as colleges, universities, and academies. However, some K-12 schools, private schools, and non-profits use them too.
What is an enrollment funnel?
An enrollment funnel describes the different stages students go through when they’re in the process of applying to an educational institute. From start to finish, they are:
- Prospects: Getting the first impression of an institution
- Inquiries: Showing interest in applying
- Applicants: Formally applying to a course
- Admits: Getting accepted to a course
- Deposits: Paying first tuition fees
- Enrolls: Beginning at the institution
What are some features that an enrollment management system should have?
The exact features your enrollment management system needs depends on your institution. But the best options usually contain the following:
- User profile login pages
- Email scheduling and automation
- Easy integrations with different software and apps
- Document management
- Student record management
What are some benefits of an enrollment management system?
Compared to traditional methods—such as paper forms and spreadsheets—an enrollment management system has multiple benefits. The main ones include:
- Sending and receiving secure, automatic payments
- Safely sharing sensitive student data with document portals
- Saving time and money with automation features
- Reducing repetitive manual tasks like filing paperwork
- Tailoring web pages to your institution’s aesthetic if you use a white label portal
-Having clear, transparent processes that build trust