Is Airtable better than Google Sheets?
If you want to figure out whether Airtable is better than Google Sheets, you’ll have to ask yourself whether you want a database-spreadsheet hybrid or a more traditional spreadsheet tool.
Because Airtable has the capabilities of both databases and spreadsheets, it’s a much more versatile platform that allows users to view and organize their data in a myriad of different ways. It also lends itself to lots of different use cases like project management, customer relationship management, inventory management, and event planning.
On the other hand, Google Sheets could be a great option for you if you want a more straightforward tool to store and sort your data. Many teams also like using Google Sheets if they’re already working with other Google Workspace tools.
Can you use Google Sheets like Airtable?
Yes. You can use Airtable to do the vast majority of things you can do on Google Sheets. Although the two database-spreadsheet tools are distinct, they have a lot of similarities. They’re both no code, operate on web-based platforms, have spreadsheet-like interfaces, and have many of the same use cases like project management, general data storage, inventory management, financial services, IT & operations, and start-up management.
Why is Airtable better than Excel?
To determine whether Airtable is better than Excel, you’ll have to consider your specific needs. Neither tool is necessarily better because they have distinct capabilities that work better for different contexts.
Airtable is database-spreadsheet hybrid with a wide variety of use cases, so it’s a better choice if you have large amounts of data, want to create complex systems and processes, are collaborating with lots of different people, and want to use integrations like Softr to turn your backend information into front-end no-code web apps and sites.
On the other hand, Excel could be a better choice if you’re looking for a simple, no-frills way to store and organize information or want a spreadsheet to use to crunch numbers and work with numerical data.
What are the benefits of using Airtable versus Google Sheets?
While both Airtable and Google Sheets are great tools, we think Airtable has a slight edge over Google Sheets. Here are some of the platform’s biggest benefits:
1. Interface design: Airtable has a dynamic interface that can be viewed in several different ways and is simply pleasant to look at.
2. Usefulness: While both Airtable and Google Sheets are handy depending on the situation, Airtable is useful for a much larger amount of use cases.
3. Collaboration: Airtable’s collaboration features are a step above Google Sheets’, including comments, mentions, collaborator fields, personal views, and even a Slack integration.
Why is Google Sheets better than Excel?
Google Sheets and Excel are similar spreadsheet tools, but Google Sheets is slightly superior because it’s more modern, is better for collaboration, and can be used more flexibly.
Google Sheets is better suited for teams that work asynchronously and want their spreadsheets to reflect real-time updates. If you already use Google Workspace tools, it’s also handy that Google Sheets is free and integrates seamlessly with other Google apps like Gmail and Google Calendar.
Is Airtable free?
Airtable has a free plan perfect for freelancers, entrepreneurs, or small teams just starting. It includes unlimited bases and up to five creators and editors. You can use the free plan for as long as you want, but they’ve also got three paid plans to choose from when you’re ready to upgrade.
What are the benefits of Airtable?
Because Airtable is a spreadsheet-database hybrid with a huge array of potential use cases, it has many benefits. Some of the most notable include:
- A free plan
- A network of native integrations and complementary no-code web app builder tools like Softr
- An elegant, intuitive interface that’s a pleasure to look at
- A variety of different ways to view your data like grid, list, calendar, Gantt chart, and Kanban board
- Complex fields that let users add everything from files to formulas to buttons into their databases
- Powerful automation that help users avoid unnecessary manual work
- An extensive library of ready-made templates
- Great collaboration features that help teams work together better