What is a client portal?
A client portal is a cloud-based web app accessed via a single, secure entry point, like a login page. Client portals are used by organizations to provide a professional service, communicate securely, and collaborate with customers, teams, partners, or community members. Users are granted permission to view, edit, share and collaborate only on documents and tasks that are relevant to them. So a client portal is more secure than giving all users access to your database.
What should be included in a client portal?
A client portal should include the following:
- Secure cloud-based file storage, access, and management.
- Flexible, granular permissions for individual users or groups.
- 24/7 access.
- Real-time communication, collaboration, and project management tools, like Dropbox, Google Docs, group chat, instant messaging, discussion boards, and notifications.
- Customizable user interface and back-end that are interactive, intuitive, and easy to navigate.
- Real-time, dynamic search, and listings.
- Embedding capabilities.
- Payments applications.
- User-controlled password management.
- Analytics tools and reports.
- Track notes and comments to keep on top of collaborations and developments.
What does client portal software enable you do?
Softr's client portal software puts you in control of your data.
- Users cam login via web app.
- No more direct access to your entire database.
- User permissions ensure information is only shared securely with relevant audiences.
- A tailored experience means a more personalized, engaging UX to boost your professional image.
- Clients and team members enjoy self-service online access to their information.
Are client portals safe?
Client portals are safe if they use server-side security and encryption, and users log in with a unique username and password. Owners and admins can also set user access permissions, so each user can only access the content and sections made available to them. This offers greater protection against data leaks and unwanted data manipulation.
Who can use a client portal?
Anyone can use a client portal if they are granted access by the owner. Client portals are commonly used by large and small businesses, startups, law firms, non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and online communities, among others.
Which client portal features are available with Softr?
Client portal features available with Softr include:
- Interactive UX.
- 30+ dynamic list layouts.
- 100+ pre-built drag-and-drop blocks.
- Custom form builder.
- Video, social media, and business tool embedding.
- Native Stripe integration.
- White label option to add your custom branding to Softr templates.
- Membership management.
- Granular user group permissions, and tiered access to sections and gated content.
- On-page profile and listings editing.
- SEO optimization, and responsive, mobile-friendly pages.
- Real-time, dynamic search, filtering, and sorting. Smart pagination.
- Embed your app in any webpage.
- Transfer ownership.
- Server-side authentication and enterprise-level data encryption.
What else can I build with Softr?