What is a public roadmap?
A public roadmap is normally a public web page that a company uses to announce what they’ve worked on, what they’re working on currently, and what’s next. It’s a good way to keep customers up to date on product developments.
How do you make a public roadmap?
Here are some common steps you need to take to build a public roadmap that provides value to your users:
- Choose a roadmap tool. If you’re reading this, the choice is obvious. Softr along with its public roadmap template is a great option for creating your product roadmap in no time.
- Provide a way for users to request features. The Public Roadmap template’s feature request form makes is really easy to collect user input.
- Provide a clear status (e.g. “in progress,” “under consideration”) for each feature.
- Get back to users who suggest features or provide other feedback. It’s important to get in touch with the users who interact with your public roadmap, to let them know that their opinions are heard and taken into account.
- Announce product updates. The public roadmap can also serve to announce product releases. The email capture form of the Public Roadmap template addresses this.
Do I need a Softr account to use the template?
As soon as you click the Use the template button, you'll be immediately taken to Softr studio and can start working on the template. If you don't have a Softr account, you'll be prompted to register first (a Free account will work just fine).
Can I use the Public Roadmap template with a free Softr account?
All the Softr templates are completely free of charge and can be used with any of the Softr subscription plans. However, Free and Starter plans have a limitation on the number of application users, so you might need to consider a higher subscription plan if you need to have full Memberships access.
What are the benefits of using Softr together with Airtable?
Our users decide to use Softr on top of Airtable bases for several reasons. The most common are:
- You will have a responsible and professional-looking user interface to share with clients, colleagues, and users on your domain (included for free!)
- You will be able to manage different people's permissions at a granular level. Say goodbye to just "viewers" and "editors". You can decide which group of users can see and/or edit specific content.
- You can merge several data sources all in one application. Do you want to connect three tables to the same app? Do you want to get data from other sources too? Not a problem with a Softr application!