What should be included in a client portal?
If you’re building a client or customer portal for your business, it should be tailored to your specific needs and workflows. However, here are some common features that are usually included in client portals:
- Dashboards with real-time updates
- Communication tools such as live chat, commenting, etc.
- Possibility to customize the look and feel of the portal to apply your company branding
- A knowledge base to address some common questions on using the portal
- Option to store and download files
- Analytics and reporting
How do you create a client portal?
To start with a client portal, you first need to define what information is going to be shared and with whom. Moreover, it’s important to understand what viewing and editing permissions the users are going to have (both from your company and on the client side). As soon as you have these aspects covered, it’s time to actually start building. If you decide to go with Softr, you’ll just need to select our Client Portal template and start customizing the mock data. Due to Softr’s easy of use and shallow learning curve, you should be able to launch within a few days if not hours.
Are client portals safe?
For client portals, security is a key concern, and many businesses avoid keeping their data in the cloud and prefer hosting their client portals on-premises. However, Softr takes security seriously and applies best practices such as server-side authentication, AWS storage, and more to make sure your data is safe.
Do I need a Softr account to use the template?
As soon as you click the Use the template button, you'll be immediately taken to Softr studio and can start working on the template. If you don't have a Softr account, you'll be prompted to register first (a Free account will work just fine).
Can I use the Client Portal template with a free Softr account?
All the Softr templates are completely free of charge and can be used with any of the Softr subscription plans. However, Free and Starter plans have a limitation on the number of application users, so you might need to consider a higher subscription plan if you need to have full Memberships access.
What are the benefits of using Softr together with Airtable?
Our users decide to use Softr on top of Airtable bases for several reasons. The most common are:
- You will have a responsible and professional-looking user interface to share with clients, colleagues, and users on your domain (included for free!)
- You will be able to manage different people's permissions at a granular level. Say goodbye to just "viewers" and "editors". You can decide which group of users can see and/or edit specific content.
- You can merge several data sources all in one application. Do you want to connect three tables to the same app? Do you want to get data from other sources too? Not a problem with a Softr application!